Getting started with Lightroom
For this exercise, I want you to practice several skills.
1) Navigate to our network drive (DTV News), find the "Practice Raws Files" folder.
2) Copy 40-50 of the files to your local drive (Pictures).
3) Import those photos into LR5. Be sure to create a new folder during import, and to also rename the files. (Page 15 of the LR5 quickstart guide in the prior post explains this process)
4) Pick the best 20, and rate them 3.
5) Of those 20, pick the best 10, and rate them 2.
6) Of those 10, pick the best 5.
7) Using the LR5 quickstart guide (from the previous post), start on page 51 and begin to edit the photos. Your goal is to improve those files. Crop/straighten, adjust the white balance, the exposure, color, and sharpness.